At Ople, we use AI to build AI
At Ople, we believe that Artificial Intelligence should be easy, cheap and ubiquitous. Our founder Pedro Alves asked a question, “How can I become a better data scientist?” Quickly realizing that he was learning by observing how algorithms learn from processing different models, Pedro recognized that many data scientists would benefit from AI that mimics this behavior of learning to learn to learn. Hence, Ople was born.
Centrally located in Silicon Valley, we are a diverse team of world-class data scientists, machine learning experts, engineers and market makers. We strive to change data science and revolutionize businesses across industries.
To fulfill our vision,
- We listen and collaborate: Everything is open for discussion, and we work as one team.
- We seek the right answer, not to be right: We make mistakes, and we keep learning.
- We expect to lead: We speak up and are respectful.
We are curious individuals who relentlessly challenge ourselves. We are never satisfied. If you are this passionate about advancing the field of data science and enjoy learning, join us now!
Current Open Roles
Directly reporting the Head of AI, you will have a great opportunity to improve current Ople products and drive the artificial intelligence stack behind future products as the Principal Machine Learning Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field (Master’s Degree preferred) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- 5+ years of hands-on machine learning experience
- Expertise with Python Experience with ML algorithms at scale and distribution of highly computationally expensive workloads
- Familiarity with a Data Science process and ML modeling lifecycle
- Experience with API design and microservice architecture Experience with AWS cloud (another cloud (Azure, GCP) is plus)
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and Object-Oriented design
- Manage people/projects that will be deploying our new machine learning research into production
- Discover and initiate new ways to leverage AI and data science to expand/improve Ople’s platform
- Create and track the platform’s performance over time